The arrival of Halloween in Japanese countries is something of recent times, promoted by American installations such as Tokyo Disneyland Mr Universal Studios Japan. When these establishments started celebrating Halloween every year, the Japanese people became more and more interested in this annual celebration.
In the West, Halloween is closely associated with death, with roots in the festivals of the dead and All Saints’ Day. But in Japan it doesn’t look like that; It is a party imported from America. It does not have as close a connection with death as the Obon festival, which makes it somewhat abstract in Japan. That’s not to say that it can’t be scary in Japan: during autumn, the number of haunted houses increases, but mostly people in costumes walking the streets.
That’s why the middle SoraNews24 decided to adapt to current trends Autumn-2022. (October-December) and published an article explaining the way of dressing in Anya Forgerthe protagonist of the popular franchise SPY x FAMILY.
- Step 1: Cheeks – Since Anya’s hair from SPY x FAMILY is such a bright color, adding a little pink, especially on the cheeks, is a great way to even out the look. To the journalist’s trained eye, there is a bit of yellow in the color of the wig, so she mixed pink and yellow liquid powders and powders for the foundation color.
- Anya is a cherubic child, so after applying foundation, the girl added circles of light pink makeup to her cheeks to accentuate them. She then added noticeable darker pink longitudinal ovals along her cheekbones to visually widen the look of her face, creating a visually more childlike proportion to her features.
- Step 2: Eye shadows – For eye shadow, the girl worked with shades of pink and brown, starting with light pink on the upper and lower lids. She then applied a darker pink/brown to the upper lid and circled to the lower outer corner, with a smudge of eyeshadow in the center, followed by a brown eyeshadow over the same area. . After using a highlighter pencil in the same shade as her natural skin for the remaining area under the eye, the girl added a little more brown/pink eyeshadow to give her eyes a more defined shape.
- Step 3: Lashes and eyebrows – As a manga character, Anya has rather large eyes. Obviously, you can’t physically make your eyes bigger, but you can make them bigger with eyelash and eyebrow techniques. The visual expansion of the distance between the eyes also contributes to the childish look, so the girl chose artificial eyelashes with more volume on the outer edges. Instead of using them as eyelash extensions, she applied them where a pencil would be used, making her eye look bigger, wider and with a lovely slightly droopy shape known as “tareme” in anime character design parlance.
- You have to be careful with eyebrow makeup because longer eyebrows will give you a more mature look. Once again, the girl chose a shade of pink to complement her wig, and also applied glitter under her eyes, as a reminder of all the times Anja’s eyes fill with twinkling stars while she’s excited to watch anime.
- Step 4: Shadows and highlights – For the finishing touches, the girl used some shading strategies to get closer to Anya. A little extra brown below the eyebrows helped make her eyes look even bigger, a little above the nostrils helped visually thin her nose to be closer to the anime character, and the added shading on her chin helped shorten and widen the perceived shape of your face again.
Synopsis SPIES x FAMILY
For the agent known as “Twilight”, no order is too high if it’s for the sake of peace. Acting as Westalis’ chief spy, Twilight works tirelessly to prevent the extremists from starting a war with neighboring Ostania. For his latest mission, he must investigate Ostania politician Donovan Desmond by infiltrating his son’s school: the prestigious Eden Academy. Thus, the agent faces the most difficult task in his career: getting married, having a child and juggling a family.
Twilight, or “Loid Forger”, quickly adopts the humble orphan Anya to play the role of the six-year-old daughter and future student of Eden Academy. As a wife, she meets Yor Briar, an absentee office worker who needs a fake partner to impress his friends. However, Loid is not the only one with a hidden nature. Yor is actually the deadly assassin “Torn Princess” and for her, marrying Loid is the perfect disguise. Meanwhile, Anya is not the ordinary girl she seems; she is an esper, the product of secret experiments that allow her to read minds. Although she discovers their true identities, Anya is thrilled that her new parents are genius secret agents! She would never tell them, of course. That would spoil the fun.
©Tatsuya Endo/Shueisha SPY×FAMILY Production Committee