Gaining muscle mass is one of the variables that many exercisers consider in order to look more toned, but in turn, trainers and health professionals say that maintaining it goes beyond an aesthetic issue.
So, good muscle mass is not only related to aesthetic problems, but also related to development strong bones, weight control, improved quality of life, better balance and reduced risk of falls.
Although lean muscle mass naturally declines with age, keeping it in good shape also allows for the treatment of chronic conditions and sharpening of intellectual abilities, among other benefitsaccording to the Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit organization dedicated to clinical practice, education and research.
In addition, muscle mass helps maintain posture and controls the level of lipids in the body, because “having a higher value of muscle mass makes our metabolism more efficient, keeping the percentage of fat at a low level”explains the ABC blog.
Exercise is not the only method to achieve muscle growth, as some foods can help and contribute to improving the internal health of the body. Among them are fruits that can be an ally for improving training results.
According to data from the World Health Organization (WHO), even it is necessary to consume about 400 grams of fruit per day, or about five portions. Some of them have proteins, carbohydrates, unsaturated fats and antioxidants that the body needs to increase muscle mass.
Therefore the Gastrolab portal made a list of some fruit that facilitates training with its ingredients, and thus the growth of muscle mass:
1 apple: It is a popular fruit that contains ursolic acid, a compound that has been studied in several studies as a beneficial component for fat burning and muscle growth. In addition, it will help regulate body weight, because it is a filling food full of fiber, which greatly helps during muscle training.
2. Kiwi: This fruit has a high content of vitamin C, which orange has; This composition helps fat oxidation, an essential process for increasing muscle mass or losing weight.
3. Avocado: According to the gym chain, Smart Fit, avocados allow the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamins A, C, E, K and niacin, “which together form the basis of good nerve conduction to prevent inflammation.” “.
4. Banana: the high level of potassium that this product contains helps in the rapid recovery of muscles after training.
5. Piña: The bromeliad that makes up this fruit has the ability to break down proteins and assimilate amino acids, so it will help reduce the discomfort caused by intense exercise.
Other tips for maintaining muscle mass
- Sleep tight: This is a fundamental factor not only for muscles, but for every aspect of life. During sleep, the body recovers from what it experienced during the day and performs important functions in maintaining health.
- Eat protein-rich foods: When it comes to gaining muscle mass, protein-rich foods are key, and the list includes meat, eggs, and some legumes like beans.
- Practice each exercise slowly: performing muscle exercises slowly allows the various fibers to do their job properly without fear of future injury. In addition, an individual will have more awareness when practicing certain physical activities.
- Train three to five times a week: specialized portal The world of sports explains that in order to gain muscle, it is important to train disciplinedly and have a training plan aimed at that goal.