The liver is one of the largest organs in the body and is responsible for digesting food, storing energy and eliminating toxins. When any of these processes are altered, fatty liver disease, a condition in which fat builds up in the liver, can occur.
According to the MSD manual, the most common causes of this pathology in the United States and other Western countries are the consumption of large quantities amounts of alcohol, obesity, metabolic abnormalities, toxins, certain medications, hereditary metabolic disorders and pregnancy.
Fatty liver usually does not cause any symptoms: however, some people may notice signs such as fatigue or vague abdominal discomfort. Also, the liver tends to increase in volume, which the doctor can detect during the examination.
To treat this disease, it is important to see a doctor to determine the cause through blood tests, diagnostic imaging tests, and even a liver biopsy. Depending on the severity, a health professional may advise adopting a new healthy diet and changing some lifestyle habits such as stopping drinking alcohol and losing weight.
Also, traditional medicine suggests some natural remedies to regulate the level of fat in the liver. For this reason, a specialized magazine better with health gives the preparation of several of them:
This herb is hepatoprotective and can also be prepared as an infusion to help restore liver health.
- 4 artichokes
- Water (necessary amount)
- First of all, artichokes should be washed well to remove all traces of soil between the leaves.
- Then put the artichokes in a pot and cover them with water.
- Finally, put the pot on the fire until the artichokes are cooked. The water will reduce by about half.
- Finally, the infusion should be taken during the day.
Infusion of boldo and dandelion
These two medicinal plants are ideal for alleviating the symptoms of fatty liver. Namely, dandelion leaves can also be included in salads.
- 8 boldo leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dandelion root.
- 1 cup of water.
- Initially, the water must be heated and, when it boils, remove from heat and add herbs.
- Then leave the infusion covered for five minutes.
- After that time, strain and drink a cup after each meal.
Papaya and lemon seeds
Consuming a cup of papaya every day should become a habit for those suffering from fatty liver. In addition, its consumption can be combined with lemons and citrus fruits.
- 5 or 6 papaya seeds
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 1 glass of water.