One of the most unpleasant conditions for both men and women is nail fungus, because this condition is important for many people who care about their aesthetics.
Although this is a common problem, in most cases it does not allow you to safely wear sandals at the beach or pool. They can be seen when a spot, usually white or yellow, appears just below the tip of the nail arms or legs.
This condition is highly contagious, meaning it can start in one nail and easily spread to others. This pathology is known as onychomycosis and according to the expert portal Medical news todaytreatment usually involves the use of prescription antifungal drugs.
Also, you can use different topics and natural remedies to help. In fact, various methods have been created that should in any case be consulted with a health professional.
Among these is the use of sodium bicarbonatewhich, according to the digital newspaper Spanishit is an excellent product for the treatment of toenail fungus, thanks to its antifungal, alkaline and antiseptic properties.
To use it, a portal specialized in beauty Glamour he stated steps to follow:
1. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of water in a bowl.
2. Moisten a cotton ball with the mixture and pass it through the affected nails.
3. While passing the cotton ball, the nails should be massaged as if they were being exfoliated.
4. Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
5. After the time is up, rinse with plenty of water.
6. Repeat the process once a week to notice the results.
Another way to use baking soda for this purpose is to combine it with other antifungal and antibacterial products. Magazine UNCOMOpublished through the portal Mundodeportivohe asserted that one of these mixtures was that of baking soda and vinegar.
In order to take advantage of the properties of these two ingredients, it is recommended to follow the following procedure:
1. In a container that fits the feet, mix two tablespoons of baking soda and half a glass of apple cider vinegar.
2. Mix and add two glasses of warm water to slightly reduce the acidity of the previous products.
3. Immerse your feet in the mixture and leave them there for 15 minutes for the disinfecting properties to take effect.
4. After some time, remove the feet and rinse them with clean water.
In addition to the above, a specialized portal better with health the specified sequence of Tips to prevent the appearance of nail fungus, especially on the feet:
- Cut your nails properly: it is recommended to keep them short; To keep them that way, it is best to use a properly disinfected snack for personal use. The cut must be straight, i.e. not cut from the side.
- Clean your nails well: It is possible to gently brush the nails with a little soap and water and thus prevent the possibility of getting fungus. When the nails are already infected, remember to wash your hands after touching them.
- Choose your shoes well: The best thing is that the nails do not have direct contact with the material of the shoe and the fabric allows the feet to breathe better. It is also advised not to wear the same footwear two days in a row when you have ringworm.
- Foot hygiene: while in the shower, you should also wash your feet with soap and water. When going out, it is necessary to dry them well with a towel, especially around the middle of the fingers. Also, it is recommended to change socks every day.