Immigration consultancy Henley & Partners discovered the order of the most powerful passports of 2022. While travel documents from Japan, Singapore and South Korea took the top three places in terms of benefits they offer holders, the mexican passport was not so badly qualified.
According to the consultancy, this year’s list of the most powerful passports shows that countries continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, reversing the results of previous rankings, which were dominated by European nations.
IN top 10 most powerful passports are:
- Japan – provides easy access to 193 countries
- Singapore – whose passport allows entry into 192
- South Korea – whose document also gives access to 192 nations
- Germany – whose passport allows entry into 190 countries
- Spain – with 190
- Finland – with 189
- Italy – at 189
- Luxembourg – at 189
- Austria – until 188, i
- Denmark – at 188
How powerful is a Mexican passport?
It’s time to analyze the benefits that a Mexican passport offers to people who want to travel abroad.
Mexico is far from the top 10 most powerful passports in the world. The latest Henley Passport Index places the Mexican document at position 24 classification, since offers easy entry to 159 countriesthe same number as the Israeli passport, with which it is tied in the ranking.
According to the list of the most powerful passports in the world in 2022. Chile is the Latin American country with the most powerful passportsince its holders have the option of easy entry into 174 nations.
In addition, the Mexican passport is surpassed by the passports of Argentina and Brazil, which allow their holders access to 170 countries in an easy way.
According to a report by immigration consultants Henley & Partners, the Mexican passport scores 296 out of a possible 700 points in aspects such as:
- Business opportunities
- Economic freedom
- Quality of life
- top education and
- Private health services.
Which countries can you travel to with just a Mexican passport?
A visa will not be an excuse. This is a list of countries where you can travel without applying for a visa.
If you want to travel to Europe, these countries do not need a visa: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland , Great Britain and the Vatican.
You should also take into account that from November 2023 you will be required to obtain a travel authorization called ETIAS. It is not a visa, but a permit that guarantees greater security for host countries and travelers coming from non-Schengen countries.
In the Americas, the countries that require a visa from Mexicans are:
In Asia, countries that do not require a visa or additional documentation are:
- United Arab Emirates
- Hong Kong, Mr
- Filipino women.
In Africa, countries that do not require a visa are: Tunisia, Morocco, Botswana and Mauritius, while in Oceania only Fiji, Micronesia and Vanuatu will not ask for more to enjoy their regions.
The price of a Mexican passport in 2022
Every year the authorities update the price of the passport, depending on the time of validity.
Mexican passport 2022 has the following coststhe Ministry of Foreign Affairs states:
- Validity 3 years – 1,470.00 pesos
- Validity 6 years – 2,000.00 pesos
- Validity 10 years – 3,505.00 pesos
- It is valid for 3 years with a 50 percent discount – 735 pesos
- Valid for 6 years with a 50 percent discount – 1,000.00 pesos
- Valid for 10 years with a 50 percent discount – 1,755.00 pesos
The Department of Foreign Affairs explains that “the 50 percent discount on passport costs applies to people over 60, people with disabilities and temporary Mexican-Canadian agricultural workers.”
Persons with disabilities must prove this by presenting one of the following documents:
- Original certificate or medical certificate issued by a public health or social protection institution.
- The original and a copy of the national identity card for persons with disabilities issued by the National System for Comprehensive Family Development (DIF).
In the case of temporary workers in agriculture, for the discount to be effective, they must present an original certificate issued by the National Employment System of the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare. It will only apply to passports with a validity period of 3 to 6 years.
Mexican passport processing requirements
In addition to the payment corresponding to the validity of the Mexican passport, persons must present:
- A certified copy of the birth certificate issued by the Mexican registry office
- A certified copy of the birth certificate issued by the consular offices
- Letter of naturalization in the original and a copy, in case you are a foreigner
- Declaration of Mexican citizenship by birth, in case you are a foreigner
- Certificate of Mexican citizenship