Every day, while we eat, we do not have a clear understanding of the nutritional composition, calories, amount of sodium or sugar in each food. And it is not always taken into account that a healthy diet is one that provides all the nutrients the body needs to maintain proper functioning.
Eating healthy food is essential for the brain and mind And just as you are demanding when it comes to buying clothes, a car or a house, you must use that same demand when it comes to food.
Just imagine that, in addition to preventing malnutrition, proper nutrition also helps reduce the risk of non-communicable diseases.
However, not every food provides the body with the nutrients it needs.
For example, there are some that, in addition to nourishing the body from the inside, contribute to a better appearance from the outside, because they nourish the skin and make it look smooth, healthy and without imperfections. In this sense, the specialized portal CuerpoMente has listed several products that help with this goal:
1. Cucumber: In addition to moisturizing the skin, it allows it to give it life and shine. And, as if that wasn’t enough, it helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Also, It is a product with a high water content.therefore, it is ideal for maintaining skin hydration.
2. Ponytail: According to Professional Pharmacy magazine, one of the properties of this plant is the high content of silicon salts, an essential mineral in the formation of tissues and collagen.
3. Chia seeds: They have a high concentration of phenols, antioxidants that stop up to 70% of the activity of free radicals. This helps prevent premature aging of the skin and restore muscle tissue.
4. Red pepper: It contains antioxidants such as vitamins E and C, provitamin A and minerals such as selenium and zinc that help create collagen (the protein that forms the structure of the skin, organs and bones).
5. Turmeric: Beauty magazine Glamor found that turmeric is good for reducing wrinkles and skin blemishes, as its compounds, called curcuminoids (curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin), give this spice excellent healing properties.
In addition to consuming the above-mentioned products for the benefit of the internal and external parts of the body, there are a number of methods for acquiring healthy eating habits.
In fact, the Colombian Ministry of Health has implemented a list of routines to follow in order to have a balanced diet:
- Limit salt intake: Although it is the main source of sodium in the diet, its high consumption contributes to high blood pressure and increases the risk of heart disease and stroke, according to the World Health Organization.
- Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables: it is recommended to consume about three fruits and two vegetables a day. So, vitamins and minerals present in these foods will affect the health of the organism.