Participate in “International conference on promoting physical activity in public health” from November 22-23, 2022, 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM (EST) / 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Brazil Time)which was organized by PAHO in collaboration with the Brazilian Ministry of Health, through the General Coordination for the Promotion of Physical Activity.
The purpose of this event is to promote the exchange of technical and scientific information on the progress and challenges of promoting the practice of physical activity in primary health care.
Disseminate technical-scientific information and promote the exchange of national and international experiences in promoting physical activity in public health, with the aim of helping to build integrated approaches to increase the level of physical activity in the population of countries, with an emphasis on PHC services.
- Know international and national recommendations for promoting physical activity in public health;
- Promote discussion and identification of effective strategies for promoting physical activity in primary health care;
- Expand knowledge about research and studies on physical activity in primary health care;
- Mobilize the focal points of the ministries of health of the countries to articulate a network to strengthen, promote and support physical activity, with leadership from the health sector;
- Identify the progress and challenges of the physical activity plan in primary health care in the world;
- Promote dialogue on the impact of current global problems on primary health care services and physical activity measures; Y
- Agree on a letter of intent to support and strengthen activities to promote physical activity in public health, with an emphasis on primary health care.
- Technical report of the 1st international conference on promoting physical activity in public health;
- Letter of intent to support the strengthening and training of the promotion of physical activity in public health, with an emphasis on Primary health care;
- Agree on the publication of a document with Successful practices of promoting physical activity in public health of the participating countries.
How to participate
- DAY: From November 22 to 23, 2022
- A WATCH: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. / 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Brazil time) [EST] [compruebe al final de la página la hora local en otras ciudades]
- REGISTRATION: https://www.ciafbrasil.com/es
- LANGUAGES: Portuguese, Spanish and English with simultaneous translation.
Regular physical activity contributes to the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases, such as heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, and breast and colon cancer; contributes to the reduction of symptoms of various psychological disorders, such as anxiety and depression, and helps in the prevention and reduction of overweight and obesity, as well as the promotion of health, contributing to a better quality of life and well-being of people.
In Brazil, 48.2% of adults over the age of 18 and residents of capital cities and the Federal District are insufficiently active, which is a higher prevalence than in the Americas region (39.3%) and in the world (27.5%). Given this scenario, government measures are needed to increase physical activity levels and, consequently, reduce social costs and negative impacts on health systems, the environment, economic development, well-being and people’s quality of life.
The World Health Organization (WHO) emphasized the need for countries to develop integrated approaches to increase the level of physical activity of the population, including actions aimed at creating active environments, since physical inactivity is not the result of individual choice. it is linked, among other factors, to social and economic inequalities.
Physical activity, especially included in primary health care, has the role of contributing to the overall health care of the population for the purposes of diagnosis, treatment, recovery, rehabilitation, prevention and health promotion. In this sense, investing in physical activity actions is strategic for promoting health and preventing chronic diseases and, consequently, reducing the costs of health systems.
The Brazilian Ministry of Health, through the General Coordination for the Promotion of Physical Activity, established in 2019, has the authority to establish and coordinate public policies for physical activity in Primary health care.
Taking into account WHO’s recommendations and the potential of exchanging national and international experiences to increase the level of physical activity in countries, it is extremely important to hold the 1st international conference on promoting physical activity in the public Health. Therefore, it is intended to promote the exchange of technical and scientific information on the progress and challenges of promoting the practice of physical activity in Primary health care.
Representatives of ministries of health from different countries, health managers and experts, experts, researchers, students, civil society organizations and others interested in the topic.
- 4:00 in the morning. – Angels
- 5:00 in the morning – Calgary
- 06:00. – Belmopan, Mexico City, Guatemala City, Managua, San Jose (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 7:00 in the morning. – Bogota, Panama City, Kingston, Lima, Quito, Washington DC, Havana, Nassau, Prince Port,
- 8:00 in the morning. – Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, La Paz, Port of Spain, Santo Domingo, San Juan
- 9:00 – Asuncion, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Santiago, Montevideo, Paramaribo
- 13:00. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time on the following link